Picture
Update #1 (8:30 am): Sources out of Richmond are saying that Morgan Moses is expected to stick with his commitment to Virginia and sign with them today. We'll see...

Update #2 (8:37 am): James Louis has signed with the Buckeyes despite all the drama. I guess you can't blame the kid for a joke after all the questions he has been asked about it. Many other signees at this point, check them out here.

Update #3 (9:28 am): It looks the news on Moses is legit, and also word is that Matt James is going to be going to Notre Dame. Great start...

Update #4 (9:35 am): Tom Luginbill just said on ESPN that all signs point to Henderson signing with USC. Not official just yet, but it appears that National Signing 2010 is going to be more disappointment for fans.

Update #5 (9:45 am): Only three players left to sign per Ken Gordon. At least the staff is locking up who already committed.

Update #6 (10:22 am): Moses will officially sign with UVA around noon. I have seen multiple sources saying he wanted to sign today rather than waiting to be qualified. I guess his head coach won out in the end. That means the Buckeyes are 0 for 2 so far for offensive lineman today, and most feel it will be 0 for 3 when the dust settles with Henderson.

Update #7 (10:33 am): All 17 commitments have signed to come to Ohio State (Hyde already enrolled). So now we all sit and wait to hear what Mr. Henderson will do!

Update #8 (5:35 pm): Seantrel Henderson picks USC. I hope he enjoys playing for a shady coach who hasn't won anything in his head coaching career. Anyways, I don't want to be bitter. Congrats to him and also to the 18 guys who actually signed on the dotted line.

Comments

Stan
02/03/2010 06:31

Farrell has confirmed Moses to UVA:

"Mike Farrell: Morgan Moses will announce at noon but he just confirmed with me he's going to Virginia and doesn't have a problem releasing it early."

Wednesday February 3, 2010 9:23 Mike Farrell

This class is screwed, I guess no one also will be added.

ghts23
02/03/2010 06:33

bucknuts has confirmed the james is gone. i had a feeling but it still sucks.

Corey
02/03/2010 06:41

This sucks. I don't why I even get excited for these days, because all we do is disappoint.

I guess you just try to be excited for the guys that are signing...

#7
02/03/2010 06:50

Drink up boys...may the "Tressel can't close" threads begin!

dms19
02/03/2010 07:14

The Buckeyes have not recruited like an elite program in 2010...more like the Iowa's of the world

02/03/2010 07:17

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. We don't offer enought O lineman and it bites us again and again. Solid Ohio kids go to places like Iowa, Boston College, Illinois, etc. and play well. We put all our eggs in a couple of baskets and usually get burned. Signing day is almost always a downer but the real problem is not going after more guys early in the process. Why don't we learn from past failure? This one is on Tress!

Stan
02/03/2010 07:18

True Dave. Andrew Donnal is a great example of that this year. Bring on 2011 I guess!

prince15
02/03/2010 07:25

Right on #7, I am grabbing a beer and turning this crap off. No reason to hit the refresh button anymore!

02/03/2010 07:44

Well we learned in the class of 2010 that stability is not a major commodity. Players want to jump on the new and the flashy!

ghts23
02/03/2010 08:28

i dont care what espnu says, no one knows where is henderson is going. i still believe.

The Corey
02/03/2010 08:39

I'm guessing that the Thurman boys aren't doing a whole lot of ministry at Mount Gilead or Parkway today. :) Just had to come check you guys out today. Not much big news in Baton Rouge today either. Althought that commitment from Boone was good to get!

The Corey
02/03/2010 09:26

Ego Ferguson to LSU!!!

Doug
02/03/2010 09:33

Look at it from the other side too. So many of these teams that are getting these last second commitments are because of de-commits from somewhere else. So while I'm disappointed at who we didn't get recently, I'm also glad that besides Justin Green last year we haven't had anyone pull a fast one and not commit on signing day after giving a verbal. This is a good class.

02/03/2010 10:23

Agreed Doug, good class with no one stabbing us in the back at the last second. Outside of the offensive line, I really like this class, but we all know how important the big guys are. I actually think we are stocked there currently, but you still need 2-4 OLs in every class for depth purposes.

CHRISTEAM
02/03/2010 14:42

FIRE BOLLMAN!

Brandon
02/03/2010 15:26

Just a couple points --

1.) The offensive line fiasco is 100% on Tressel & Bollman.

2.) Fire Bollman? You're waiting until now to call for his head? He should've been gone 3-5 years ago!

Matt
02/03/2010 15:40

Screw Kiffin! I don't understand why anyone would want to deal with the drama out there in LA. I really thought Henderson and the family would not buy all the lies, but I was wrong. Once they are hit with probation, we will see how happy the family is with this decision!

CHRISTEAM
02/03/2010 15:42

Brandon: I was making a statement, I felt the same way 3 years ago. There is obviously a reason we are recruiting studs at every position and struggling on the offensive line. We suck at recruiting them and at developing them!

Clint
02/03/2010 15:51

Come on guys! We just won the Rose Bowl, are in the hunt for a NC next year, and have a great class coming in 2011! Please quit with all this crap!

08/24/2011 19:49

If my father had hugged me even once, I'd be an accountant right now.

08/24/2011 19:51

If money was my only motivation, I would organize myself differently.