Well, that didn't feel nearly as good as we hoped. Maybe it was the fact that the Boilermakers looked about as good as Eastern Michigan (and that's being gracious). Maybe we just realize what could have been had the Buckeyes not laid an egg last week in Camp Randall. Either way, the 49-0 beating of Purdue this afternoon made me realize how overrated revenge really is. It was nice to see Evil Tressel return though.
A few notes from the game:
- The Buckeyes had 490 total yards, compared to Purdue's 117.
- This is the first shutout of the year by the defense.
- Corey "Philly" Brown had one rush for 18 yards along with two catches for 38 yards and a touchdown. The staff appears to have found their No. 3 wide receiver.
- Herron continued his recent dominance with a great first half. He ended up with 75 yards and two touchdowns.
- Dane Sanzenbacher remains my favorite player on this team, and he once again led the team with 4 catches for 86 yards and one touchdown.
- Boren is a beast, and he had one of his best games of the year.
- Pryor ended the day 16/22 for 270 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions.
- One down note: Shugarts looked to be in serious pain early and then left the game in the first half
More coverage from this game later...