Picture
Michael Chung (8:29 am)

Hailing from South Bend, IN, David Perkins was a highly sought after LB recruit during the 2012 season.  He may be the fastest linebacker recruit the Buckeyes have ever had.  Once a Notre Dame commit, Perkins gives us the inside on why he de-committed, why he committed to OSU and compares Urban Meyer to Brian Kelly.

Tell me what sold you on Ohio State?

DP: Some say it is Urban Meyer but I must be honest, Urban had almost nothing to do with it.  When I de-committed from Notre Dame, I wanted to go to a school that I felt comfortable at. As soon as I got on campus, something just felt right and I fell in love with OSU.

Why did you de-commit from Notre Dame?

DP: ND was the home school and I really wanted to see other places. They did not want me to visit other schools so I de-committed.

What have been your 40 times?

DP: During my sophomore season, there was an electronic clock at the Under Armor game.  It measured me at 4.43.  My fastest recorded time is 4.22.

With that type of speed, has the coaching staff discussed defensive back, either corner or safety?

DP: We have talked about defensive back as an option if LB does not work out. It does not matter where I play; I just want to play as fast as I can as well as to reach my potential.  I am not sure if I were to play DB where I would play? Corner or safety, in high school, I felt comfortable at both positions.

What is Brian Kelly like?

DP: He is about business and is a coach about his business. He knows what he wants to do and what he does not want to do. He and I are cool.

Compare Kelly with Urban Meyer?

DP: Coach Meyer is my coach and I love him. He is fiery, passionate, down to earth and a competitor.  He can sense the competitive fire in you early on.

What do you think are the needs of the 2013 class?

DP: I have to say we need wide outs, explosive playmakers at wide out positions.

Have you talked to Jaylon Smith? Do you think he ends up Buckeye?

DP: I have talked to him a few times. I think he is interested in Ohio State but I think he will go to either ND or another school. I think having Rod here is a minus because he does not want to be in the shadow of his big brother.

Which player impresses you the most in your class?

DP: Noah Spence! The guy is a monster. He is everything you want in a DE. He is good against the run, an amazing pass rusher, good hands and has all the moves.  All you hope is that he works hard and puts on any weight the coaches want. He is big, he is a dog, and he is a monster.

Have you heard much about Mickey Marotti’s workouts?

DP: My high school coach actually had him as a trainer and he says what everyone at OSU is saying, he is psycho.  I hear it is going to be hard.

Thank you David for taking time to talk to us and offer your thoughts and opinions.  Your passion for Ohio State already oozes and we look forward to following your career.

Comments

Ken
05/25/2012 09:20

Good stuff, Mike. With this lad's attitude and skills, you have to believe there will be a spot in the back 7 for us.

I agree with you, very good stuff if I may say so. As a matter of fact, so good that I am writing a comment telling how good it is. And I almost never comment on blogs.

buckeyenut
05/25/2012 16:05

Best linebacker in this class. Can't wait to see him suit up.

05/26/2012 03:27

it's Marotti, not Mariotti.

Michael
05/26/2012 13:11

Thanks John, Just changed it.

I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information.

There are many such benefits in group coaching. I recently read a blog similar to it and this has also given me some important tips for my studies.

03/15/2013 00:54

03/15/2013 23:57

The best thing about Portland is it’s eden-like state. The environment is relatively untouched by the commercial spoils of the islands more popular resort areas.

03/28/2013 05:02

04/13/2013 04:27

It does not matter where I play; I just want to play as fast as I can as well as to reach my potential. I am not sure if I were to play DB where I would play? Corner or safety.
both

Finding quality sources is the first step in writing a research paper. Use this "bibliographic bootstrap" method to get what you need.Decide on a topic,Consult with your teacher/professor and with a reference librarian to find three or four sources to peruse first.Skim these sources, getting a feel for whether or not they are relevant.

04/26/2013 11:16

thanks for sharing

04/28/2013 07:26

After entering your default username and password you will be brought to the Online Control Panel. Log entries are categorized by types on the left side. Click a type to start viewing!

05/02/2013 17:17

You made some good points. I find this to be a great interview, really liked it a lot. Hope to see more of this on the internet.

05/11/2013 14:01

I will definitely comeback.I have to admit that it's very informative article.This really is another really very amazing and interesting publish. You've provided the publish that's proportional to the interest. Thank you for this publish.

Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful. thanks a lot.

06/14/2013 02:37

If they miss on Vonn Bell, Lee can join Jayme Thompson in the secondary next year and fill that spot. On the other hand, if the staff is unable to fill the void at linebacker left by Alex Anzalone and Lewis Neal decommitting, Lee could bulk up and slide down in the future.

06/18/2013 03:15

Social networks and the analysis of them is an inherently interdisciplinary academic field which emerged from social psychology, sociology, statistics, and graph theory. Georg Simmel authored early structural theories in sociology emphasizing the dynamics of triads and web of group affiliations. Thanks.

06/18/2013 03:23

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

06/20/2013 00:53

By reason of the writer for approximately his very own really good webpage a pleases almost any textual content. The thing ended up being vocal personally or maybe interested just what exactly presently us. Basically added onto this unique sort of the destination, which has a exceptional or maybe unusual air flow. Because of the writer or even boss on the software inside their time.

It is very impressive for useful information on this blog, making use of the large amount of information is visible in this blog. I’m so proud of you. Great job!

Well this article that I've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article.

I like by way of thanking the writer upon her own endeavours. She’s got such a amazing internet page when similar plans can come, made it simpler for on a bit crude design and style, having bundled the information place notice to the site your man. Some struck does indeed namnogim publishers that happens to be piece on the web, once more as a consequence of the writer for around unequalled really good.

Article is a most popular in the world. I am working in article and enjoy it very much. I hope that in most of the time I will do it

06/20/2013 03:05

Useful information shared about snacks. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk through. I appreciate this post.

06/20/2013 03:06

That is why it is better that you should relevant research before writing. You will be able to write better post this way.

06/20/2013 03:07

You completed various fine points there. I did a search on the subject and found most persons will agree with your blog.